Saturday, October 23, 2010

how important you think education is.

in high school, education greatly frustrated me. it taught me things i really didn't care about nor will ever use. high school thought it was paving a path for me that i really don't look back on kindly. the high school system--in fact, the whole schooling system is incredibly flawed. there are kids who are forced through this system that would do so well if they were paid attention to. high school allows us to stay kids and not take responsibility for ourselves. i really, really hated education in high school.
now in college, there are still unnecessary classes. but i love it so much more. i'm so excited for the classes i'll be taking that are specific to my future.
despite all of this, i think learning is very, very important. i just think it could be done better.
but education never taught me to swim. :c

No comments:

Post a Comment