Tuesday, October 12, 2010

30 interesting facts about yourself.

1. 30?! holy crap. i highly doubt i can reach thirty.

2. i could probably get thirty, but only about three of them MIGHT be interesting.

3. i play solitaire like it's my job. don't judge.

4. i killed my hair with a little thing called manic panic bleach. apparently it's bad for your head.

5. i am prayerfully getting my tattoo on my eighteenth birthday. i've been wanting this tattoo since I was sixteen.

6. i'm a nerd about very few things. i don't give a crap about school. HOWEVER, i am a HUGE nerd when it comes to the Bible.

7. if you think i don't like you, or seem to disapprove of you, be sure of one thing--i am deeply hurting for the state of your heart. i just don't know how to show it in a positive way.

8. i'm really not afraid to say what i think. God is slowly teaching me to be discerning and speak gently, but it's hard. especially when i'm hard set on it.

9. God did not make me to be compatible with a large amount of people. that's simply not how i function.

10. the funny thing is, He also made me to be very dependent upon people and affirmation and love from others. the conflict of these two facts has been slowly teaching me that i can only rely on Him, who promises love--a perfect love.

11. if you were to ask me what i hate, the first would be sin. the second would be my brain. i know God made me this way for a reason and a purpose, but my brain is constantly turning in on itself and on me and conflicting and not allowing me to live fully, sometimes. sometimes it makes me unhappy for no reason at all. i really dislike my brain.

12. i have never met anyone with such erratic sleeping patterns as I myself possess. I woke up at five o'clock this morning for no reason at all. yesterday, i went to bed around the same time and woke up at 9:40--twenty minutes before convo. some nights, i'm okay on only two or three hours of sleep. others i sleep twelve and over without interruption.

13. I'm currently teaching myself how to crochet. I actually have a small blister on my middle finger from it. it may actually be one of the most frustrating things.

14. one of my strongest earthly desires is to be known. to be noticed and recognized. to say that i don't do things to accomplish that is a lie. i have found, however, that whatever i do of my own power to be recognized normally doesn't get me anywhere. a more satisfying recognition is to be known by God.

15. one of my silliest dreams is to record a worship CD.

16. Dallas Green is one of the most beautiful men on this earth. he would be even more beautiful if he loved Jesus, and if he was dating me.

17. I'm becoming quite perspicacious. i don't really like it, because sometimes i'm right when i don't want to be.

18. my life verses are James 1:2-4.

19. i'm actually playing solitaire while trying to think of interesting facts.

20. teenagers are the most misguided and lied to people alive. i would love to spend the rest of my life telling them the Truth.

21. i always wonder if my mother reads my blogs and as a result has burning questions about my life and my soul that she doesn't want to ask because she doesn't want to barge into my life. hi mom!

22. that was, in fact, a shout-out to my mother.

23. my backpack has a hole in it :c but it was three dollars from a thrift store.

24. today in demoss i heard one guy say to another "dude, you could totally have that if you wanted it." when talking about a girl. i almost punched him in the face.

25. i have an incredible compassion for other's pain. however, it is not of me. if it were me, i wouldn't care at all. it's God.

26. the girl in the room next to mine just growled four times.

27. i'm really quite tired of writing about myself. i'd much rather hear about you. how are you? what's going on in your life?

28. i really don't like initiating conversation, friendship, or really much else with a guy. i'm a firm believer in chivalry. if you're a guy, be one. take the lead--that's your job. you have to pursue. i'm not about to.

29. i would love to be a photographer. i just wish i was good at it.

30. yessss. this is finally over.

No comments:

Post a Comment