Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 3--Your Parents.

Mamma Jamma and my dearest Father;
I know I haven't been the easiest child to raise. I can tell you that it has been a bit of a hobby of mine to see how far I can stretch the rules. I also know that sometimes I up and down, rightout, straightup break them. My excuse? I'm a teenager, and as my math teacher likes to say, a free spirit. But I would really like to thank you. Because you've dealt with me during things that most parents would never ever want to experience. You have tried to the very best of your abilities to raise me in a loving home with a caring family. Nobody's perfect c:
Mum, you have been the stability. You are the business-woman, the logic, the strategist, the planner, but most of all my mom.
Pappa, you have been the individualist. The messy. The freedom to be and strive however you so desire. You taught me everything i knew for the first ten years of my life, and if you hadn't, i wouldn't dress  like a hobo every day and probably wouldn't have guages.
I'm glad we don't fight and scream at each other. I'm glad our family doesn't fit the normal stereotype of dysfunctionality. I'm glad we're all a little crazy in our own crazy way.

No comments:

Post a Comment