Friday, September 11, 2009

Day Thirty-Six::September Eleventh, Two Thousand and Nine.

this is a horrid picture, but it's kind of how I felt today.
the first week of school has been absolutely amazing. all my fears were literally for nothing. and the best part was seeing mr. clark :D oh how i miss him! it was awesome to see him today.
i have to say something. today was 9/11. can i just complain about how lame the commemoration was at my school? they tried to dedicate the daily moment of silence to it, but as soon as they said "and now for the moment of silence", the school bell rang. so much for that. i feel like it was such a big deal everywhere else. chantilly? not so much. personally i want to apologize. because people are still greatly affected by it. yet my school can't so much as time the moment of silence so it's not interrupted.
after school i went to my church for leadership training. i was the only high school student there, which was the first thing that bothered me. I know there are going to be a couple more there tomorrow, but. i don't know. it made me sad.
the other thing that bothered me was all the talk about being prepared for being a leader and ministering to these kids.
i feel like i can't do that.
i'm scared i can't be a role model.
"For I do not understand my own actions. I am bewildered.
I do not practice or accomplish what I wish,
but I do the very thing that I loathe."
[romanseightfifteen]

No comments:

Post a Comment