Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day Two Hundred and Forty::April Fourth, Two Thousand and Ten.

"Every idiot with a camera thinks he's a photographer."
I really don't want to be that idiot.
Hokayyyy it's reflection time. I've been thinking a lot about what I'm doing with myself in trying to pursue photography. Yes, yes I've been told I have "an eye" for it or that I'm good at it--whatever. I'm better than your average joe with a point-and-shoot. I will freely admit that. But photography, in and of itself, is SO much more than that. A picture, a really good picture, has to draw your attention. It has to squeak some sort of feeling out of  you. I want to shoot people as they really are. I hate your models and your posed pictures. I want real people feeling real things. I want to shoot landscapes that show off the mighty power and beauty of my God. I think this next year will be a real test to see if this is what I really want to do with my life. If it's not, so be it. But God better have a back-up plan c:

No comments:

Post a Comment