Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day One Hundred and Forty-Six::December Thirty-First, Two Thousand and Nine.



Tonight I'm going to spend ten hours with my best friends and about a thousand other crazy teenagers.
It's the last night of 2009.
I'm a senior.
The road to graduation hasn't been nor will be easy.
At times, it was out of reach. Which is a sucky feeling.
I made it through Junior year--which has proved to be the worst year I have ever been through.

Summer of 09? The Summer I was always waiting for. Srsly.
The Dominican Republic--i am honored to say i was on that trip.
Gitalia, you will always be in my heart and my prayers. I really really hope to see you again this year.

I met Lacey Dean.
How many times have i said she's an answer to prayer?
She's my best friend.

Sam Smith taught me to believe in humanity again.
Haha. It's true.
And we go day-by-day.
Who knows where we're going? God does.
And that's the best part.

Photography has become a way of life.
In middle school I saw everything through writing.
Freshman through junior year, it was music and art.
But being able to see things through my lovely Delilah has become a delicate process.
She's attached to my hip--i haven't referred to her as an object since I got her.

There's something about being seriously hurt by people.
Even though I want to forget they were ever there, I cannot ignore that they left a large print.
Sometimes I wish I could say i just hate them.
But i don't.
I wish i could understand. And i wish it didn't affect me so much.
But that's how life goes.
We lose people to help us learn how important they are to us.
I learned that from Benjamin Button c:

Anxiety buries itself deep in my stomach and I can feel it brew.
It's done this for years.
The only difference with this year is I know.
I know it's coming, and I know it's just my brain being an idiot.
Sometimes I can control it.
Other times I can't.
But I can deal with it.
Man, has that taken forever to learn.

I've finally become confident in the fact that I don't have a million friends knocking at my door.
In fact, there are more than enough people who want nothing to do with me :c
But I have my Jesus.
And He provides.
He is my one true love.

I hate cliches.
I think this is filled with them, I just wish they didn't have to be cliches.

There were a lot of experiences this year that I don't regret.
I never will.
I love knowing that I will be able to look back on my life and know I didn't waste too much of my time.

The following people made a huge impact on me this year::
Sam. Lacey. Erica. Chelsea. Anthony. Clark. Jessica. Jared. Jesse. Mrs. Pullen. Thomas. Devin. Julie. Simon.
The funny thing is, a lot of you will have no idea why. hahaha.

I've discovered that I am eternally cold.
Yay for socks!

I've learned how to drive and forced myself to forget.
Geez, it's terrifying.
I've also realized that I'll be a failure at life until I get over my fear.

I find people incredibly interesting.
If you've ever caught me staring at you, I apologize.
It's probably just because i'm trying to understand you.

I've learned that I can read people quite easily.
Some of you don't appreciate it c:
but I KNOW YOU.
hah.

Jesus Christ.
No, not a curse. He just leaves me speechless.
All I know is i have a desire to be filled with Him.
I also know that I'm a dirty filthy person and it's my own fault when I'm not.

2009. Bad year? i think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment